Skip To Main Content

School Nutrition


For the 2023-2024 school year, we will be discontinuing the use of PIN #s at our cash registers for grades K-5 (K-8 at DCS). Students at Freeport Middle School and Freeport High School will continue to use PIN #s because these two schools have more flexible access to the meals program and a la carte purchases. The PIN system allows us to ensure that meals are appropriately claimed for reimbursement.

MySchoolBucks is a parent portal that allows you to view your child's meal history, deposit funds for a la carte purchases at FMS or FHS (one-time or recurring) and pay your past due balance, if you have one left over from previous years. MySchoolBucks does charge its own transaction fee, payments can be made by cash or check to the cafeteria. A la carte items may not be charged: students must have an available credit on their account or have cash in hand at the time of purchase. If your student is still carrying a negative balance from previous years (when school meals were not free for all students), your student will be unable to make a la carte purchases until the amount due is paid off. 

Parents and guardians of all students will receive an email from the School Nutrition Department with PIN numbers and account balances. New MySchoolBucks accounts can be created You can also contact the Nutrition Director, Erin Dow, at

Milk Only: $0.75


Pay Meal Account Balances and Deposit Money for a la carte items HERE.






RSU 5's Triennial Wellness Policy Assessment: May 4, 2021


FEDERAL In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or This institution is an equal opportunity provider. MAINE The Maine Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry or national origin.Complaints of discrimination must be filed at the office of the Maine Human Rights Commission, 51 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0051. If you wish to file a discrimination complaint electronically, visit the Human Rights Commission website at and complete an intake questionnaire. Maine is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Erin Dow, School Nutrition Director