INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT PROGRAM
- June Sellers, Ed.D. Director, email@example.com
- Diane Chamberlain, Administrative Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melinda Carr, Instructional Strategist (MSS, MLS & Private), email@example.com
- Amy Corcoran, Instructional Strategist (FMS, FHS), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margaret "Peg" Armstrong, Instructional Strategist (DCS, PES), email@example.com
CHILD FIND NOTICE
As a resident of Regional School Unit No.5 (RSU No.5 Durham-Freeport-Pownal) or a non-resident of RSU No.5 whose child may attend a private school in RSU No.5, you are notified that you are entitled to certain rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2007.
Under Federal Law and State Regulations, RSU No.5 is responsible for locating, identifying and evaluating all resident students in public school or home school settings, and all resident and non-resident students in private school settings who are , or may be in need of special education services. This responsibility is called 'CHILD FIND' and includes this notification.
If you are a parent of a resident student in a public school or homeschool setting, or resident or non-resident student in private school settings, or you know of any resident student in public school settings who does or may have a disability which may require special education, please contact Dr. June Sellers, Director of Instructional Support, at 865-0928, extension 227, or the principal of your local public school. RSU No. 5 will initiate a referral process for an individual comprehensive evaluation to determine whether the student is eligible to receive special education.
All contacts are kept strictly confidential.
COMMUNICATION BILL OF RIGHTS
Communication Bill of Rights
MULTILINGUAL SERVICES - MULTILINGUAL LEARNERS
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Teachers:
- Lana O'Shea, 865-6361 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynn Shea, 865-4561 email@example.com
- Rodrigo Palacios, 865-6051, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill Hyland, 865-4706, email@example.com
- Pascale Delsol, 865-6361, firstname.lastname@example.org
RSU5's Multilingual Learner program is designed to address the language needs of students with a primary or home language other than English who are in the process of acquiring English. Our program is based on the principle that students learn best in the regular classroom. Students who are multilingual learners receive English language development services from teachers who specialize in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), as well as support throughout their instructional day provided by all of their teachers.
In addition to working with students, Multilingual Services keep the families of our Multilingual Learners informed in a language they understand. We provide interpreters and translated documents where needed for families. Our goal is for our students and their families to become an integral and vital part of our community.