FMS PTC 2018-2019
OUR MISSION: Our group's goal is to provide support to our faculty in their ongoing quest to engage our children with innovative teaching and learning in our community. We work very hard to give our teachers and students any supplemental support they may need to ensure our kids get the very best experience at FMS through various fundraisers and events.
MEETINGS: The PTC typically meets bi-monthly from 6:30-7:30pm. All parents are encourage and welcome to attend. Meetings are announced via office email and Weekly Announcements. There is a meeting agenda that is followed to keep the meetings on track and on time but anyone who has a topic to discuss may have the item put on the agenda by contacting the PTC president prior to the meeting.
PTC Fundraisers and Events: The PTC sponsors many fundraisers and events throughout the school year. Money raised from fundraisers helps to provide grants, special programs, field trips and other supplemental supprot to our FMS Students, Teachers and Staff. Below are some planned events for this school year. Volunteers are always needed! Look for a signup genius coming this fall to volunteer your time.
- October Magazine Drive
- Concessions during Socials
- LLBean Gift wrapping (subject to acceptance)
- Teacher/Staff Giving Tree
- Fall Book Fair to support the Library
- Teacher dinners during conferences
- Bus Driver Appreciation events
- End-of-year Celebration for 8th graders & "Dirty Thirties" planning.
- Teacher Grants: Teachers may present ideas or items they need financial support for to the PTC verbally, in writing or through their parent representatives (see below). Items are presented to attendees at PTC meetings for a majority vote. If something comes up before a PTC meeting and needs a quick vote, members who attended the last PTC meeting are polled for an email vote
Grade Representatives - A grade representative is generally a parent who serves as the liaison for the teaching staff and students to the PTC for extra-curricular, project and event supoort requests.
Grade reps for the 2018-2019 school year:
Grade 6: Lisa Pardus
Grade 7: Lisa Pardus
PTC OPEN ROLES - Volunteers are needed to fill several key roles for the upcoming school year. Please contact a member of the PTC board if you are interested!
- Vice President, PTC
- Secretary, PTC
- Unified Arts Representatives - As the UA representative you will serve as the liaison for the UA Department. Roles and responsibilities are similar to grade representatives.
- PTC Blog/Webite manager - If you have talents in this area please consider volunteering to keep our community informed of special events and happenings.
We hope to see you at an upcoming meeting and thank you for your support!
Jennifer Maneikis - PTC President - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Pardus PTC Treasurer - email@example.com