May 13, 2021
Dear Parent or Guardian:
With the U.S. FDA and CDC’s approval of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for students ages 12 years and older, RSU5 is pleased to offer a vaccine clinic for your children. The clinic will be held at Freeport Middle School. Transportation will be provided for child(ren) from Durham Community School or Freeport High School to Freeport Middle School. Mid Coast Hospital will be our healthcare partner administering the vaccine.
These vaccines are optional for your child(ren). However, we believe there are some important reasons to consider this opportunity.
- The COVID-19 virus variants are causing widespread infections among young people in Maine. However, the vaccine is effective against the variants.
- The vaccine will give you some reassurance this summer. As people get together with friends and family, you will know your student is protected from COVID-19.
- The vaccine will also help prevent your student from transmitting the virus to others.
- The vaccine was approved after studies show it is safe and effective.
- It will be easy to get your student vaccinated at the school. Many vaccine clinics and pharmacies do not offer the COVID-19 vaccine that is approved for children.
- The vaccine is free.
Vaccine clinics will be offered on the following dates and locations:
May 21, 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm (1st vaccine) Freeport Middle School
June 11, 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm (2nd vaccine) Freeport Middle School
If you are interested, here are the next steps:
Please read the vaccine fact sheet attached
Fill out the attached forms and return them to school with your child. These forms are also available on Mid Coast Hospital’s Clinic page: http://www.midcoasthealth.com/clinics/ If you are unable to print the forms, please contact your child(ren)’s school and the school will send them home with your child. Most importantly, the consent form needs to be signed. If your student has health insurance, it will be charged. The vaccine will be free to you.
If you have questions, Midcoast will be hosting a Q&A Zoom next Wednesday, May 19, 2021. We will let you know the time of the Q&A when we are informed.
Mid Coast Hospital will also continue their public clinic at Brunswick Parks & Recreation, 220 Neptune Dr. Clinic hours are Monday through Saturday, 7:30 AM – 12:30 PM & 2:30 PM-7:30 PM. Parents are encouraged to visit http://www.midcoasthealth.com/clinics/ for clinic details, including how to make an appointment.
We hope that you find this service helpful to you and your family.
Pfizer Fact Sheet.pdf
CDC Pre-Vaccination Checklist Patient3.pdf
Regional School Unit No. 5 would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Regional School Unit No. 5 directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/unsubscribe/623/
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.