Our Mission: Our group’s goal is to provide support to our faculty in their ongoing quest to engage our children with innovative teaching and learning in our community. We work very hard to give our teachers and students any supplemental support they may need to ensure our kids get the very best experience at FMS through various fundraisers and events.
Meetings- The PTC typically will meet bi-monthly from 6:30-7:30 in the evening. All parents are encouraged and welcome to attend. These are announced via office email and Daily Announcements. There is a meeting agenda that is followed to keep the meeting on track and on time. It is created by the PTC President, Stacey Lodato but anyone who has a topic to discuss may have their item put on the agenda by contacting Stacey. Our first meeting will be 6:30 September 12th at the Middle School.
Information about our grant process- Teachers present ideas or items they need financial support for from the PTC verbally, in writing or through their parent representatives (see below). Items are presented to attendees at PTC meetings for a majority vote. If something comes up before a PTC meeting and needs a quick vote, members who attended the ast PTC meeting are pooled for an email vote.
PTC open roles- Volunteers are needed to fill several key roles for the upcoming school year. Please contact a member of the PTC board if you are interested.
• Grade Representatives- Grade 6, 7 and 8th grade representatives are needed for the 2016/17 school year. As a grade representative you will serve as the liaison for the grade staff and students and will identify curricular, project and event support and bring those needs to the PTC.
• Unified Arts Representatives- As the UA representative you will serve as the liaison for the UA department. Roles and responsibillities are similar to those listed above.
• PTC Blog/Website manager- This is an exciting new role for the 2016/17 school year! The PTC would like to create a blog and/or Website to keep our community informed of special events and happenings. If you have talents in this area please consider volunteering.
PTC Fundraisers and Events- The PTC sponsors many fundraisers and events throughout the school year. Money raised from fundraisers helps to provide grants, special programs, field trips and other supplemental support to our FMS Students, Teachers and Staff. Below are some planned for the school year. Volunteers are always needed! Look for a signup genius coming in the fall to volunteer your time.
• September Magazine Drive
• Concessions during Socials
• LLBean Gift wrapping (subject to acceptance).
• Spring Plant sale
• GoFundMe site (various times TBD)
• Teacher/Staff Giving Tree
• Fall Book Fair to support the Library
• Teacher dinners during Conferences
• Bus Driver Appreciation events.
• End-of-year Celebration for 8th graders & Dirty Thirties” planning.
We hope to see you all at our first meeting in the fall and thank you for your support!